Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to Pacific Hotel Cairns. We've put together the below handy guide of FAQ's. Get in contact with our team if there is anything else we can help with.
What time is check-in and check-out?
- Check-in: 2pm
- Check-out: 11am
Do you have parking?
- We have limited parking on-site.
- Parking is included in direct bookings via this website.
- Third party bookings have a charge for parking.
Is your restaurant open?
- Takeaway breakfast is served daily from Bushfire Bar.
- The restaurant is currently closed for dinner - reopening dates will be shared on our website.
What if I need to cancel my booking?
- All new bookings made direct on our website are fully flexible.
- Our third party partners (e.g. Expedia and Booking.com) have also put in place flexible cancellations however will need to be contacted directly for booking alterations.
Are the Queensland borders open to Domestic visitors?
Do you have isolation guests currently staying?
- We have been working with the Queensland government to provide isolation rooms.
- Isolation rooms are located on a separate floor with restricted access to all other hotel guests.
- There is 24/7 police presence at the hotel, managing the isolation guests.
- We expect to have a limited number of isolation guests staying with us in July and August.
- This is communicated on our website, via confirmation emails and within our Pacific Hotels Care Policy.
We understand concerns leisure guests staying with us may have, especially given the recent outbreaks in Melbourne. The Queensland government have devised a comprehensive plan for managed isolation, preventing the spread of Covid-19 in QLD. This includes employing the police and military to manage isolation, rather than third part security (as was the case in Melbourne). Our team onsite have also been working hard to ensure operations and procedures are adapted for the wellness of our staff, guests and community.
Who are the isolation guests?
- People are required to enter government managed isolation for a range of reasons.
- This includes those with compromised immune systems, transitioning to a remote area, entering Australia or entering QLD from VIC.
What measures are in place for the safety of staff, guests and the community?
- Our rooms and public areas are cleaned with commercial grade cleaning chemicals.
- The frequency and intensity of cleaning high touch points has been increased, including all public area surfaces, door handles, room keys, staff entrances and guest entrances.
- Staff are provided with the most up to date information as well as the importance of maintaining extremely high standards of cleanliness.
- Sanitisers are available at central points throughout the hotel.
- Staff temperatures are taken before every shift.
- Any staff member feeling unwell or presenting symptoms must notify their manager and leave work.
- Please view our Pacific Hotels Care Policy for more info.