Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to Pacific Hotel Cairns. Below you'll find helpful answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you have any other queries, please get in touch with our friendly team.
What time is check-in and check-out?
- Check-in: 2pm
- Check-out: 11am
What does being a cashless hotel mean?
- We are a cashless hotel, minimising a touchpoint to increase hygiene for our guests, staff and community.
- If you don't have a valid credit card to pre-authorise your room at check-in, the cost of one room night is required for the bond. This will need to be paid by a debit card.
Do you have parking?
- We have limited parking on-site, available for $20 per night.
- As availability is limited, parking offsite may be required.
- Please view Cairns Council parking information for alternative parking arrangements.
What if I need to cancel my booking?
- All new bookings made directly on our website are fully flexible up to 24-hours prior to arrival.
- Our third-party partners (e.g. Expedia and Booking.com) have also put in place flexible cancellations, however, you will need to contact them directly for booking alterations.
Why should I book directly via this website?
- Flexible cancellations.
- No pre-payments.
- The ease of contacting us directly to make changes to your booking is unmatched by any other service.
- You are supporting the local economy when you book directly with us.
- Please be advised that some floors of Pacific Hotel Cairns are currently being upgraded as part of our Guest Enhancement Program.
- It is our intention to have minimal disruption to guests currently staying with us and work should only take place between 7.30am - 4pm.
- Our Pacific Housekeeping team has professionally serviced your room to meet our high standards.
- Aligning with our sustainable business practices, we kindly ask that you consider reusing your towels if you are staying multiple nights by hanging them up after use. Reusing towels helps to conserve water and energy, whilst minimising the use of detergents.
- If you need a top-up of essential amenities, please dial 9 from your room or ask reception. For guests staying longer, your room will be serviced every three days. We hope you have a terrific stay and thank you for contributing to a greener future.
Are there guest laundry facilities?
- Yes! There are guest laundries on levels: 4, 6, and 8.
- Although we are a cashless hotel, our laundry machines are coin-operated. If you need coins to operate the machine, they can be purchased from reception.
- It is our intention to move to a card-based payment method for our laundry machines in the near future.
I'm under 18 can I book and stay at Pacific Hotel Cairns?
- You must be 18 and over to book and stay with us.
- Don't worry though, bring along an adult to enjoy all the perks of a stay at Pacific Hotel Cairns together.
Is your restaurant open?
- Bushfire Flame Grill Restaurant is open 7 days for Buffet Breakfast and Tuesday - Saturday for the iconic, three-course Churrasco experience.
- Bookings are recommended for Friday and Saturday nights and can be made via the Bushfire Flame Grill Restaurant website.
Is there a dress code for the restaurant?
- Guests dining at the restaurant must be wearing neat and tidy attire and shoes/sandals.
- For example, we will ask you to stop by your room to grab a t-shirt if you are wearing swimmers.
Where is the restaurant located?
- There is an entrance through the hotel lobby (go left when you exit the elevators from the accommodation rooms)
- There is also a separate Bushfire Flame Grill Restaurant entrance at 43 The Esplanade
Can I request an early check-in or late check-out?
What about a room upgrade?
- Room upgrades can also be requested prior to arrival.
- Perhaps you would like a room on a higher floor or would like to try out our Tropical Luxe experience?
- Send us an email and our team will confirm room availability and the upgrade fee for your booking.
I can't decide where to stay in Cairns. . . why should I book with Pacific Hotels?
- Pacific Hotel Cairns boasts a magnificent location, personalised service and award-winning hospitality.
- This is the best location in Cairns - ideal for visitors who wish to explore and enjoy all the attractions Cairns has to offer.
- Rooms on level 4 and higher feature private balconies.
- Our Tropical Luxe collection is located across levels 2 and 3, featuring king-size beds, a tropical theme and spacious bathrooms.
What measures are in place for the safety of staff, guests and the community?
- Our rooms and public areas are cleaned with commercial-grade cleaning chemicals.
- The frequency and intensity of cleaning high touchpoints have been increased, including all public area surfaces, door handles, room keys, staff entrances, and guest entrances.
- Staff are provided with the most up-to-date information as well as the importance of maintaining extremely high standards of cleanliness.
- Sanitisers are available at central points throughout the hotel.
Do you charge a credit card surcharge?
Yes, we do charge a credit card surcharge of 1.8% for Visa, MasterCard, JCB and UnionPay while 3% credit card surcharge for Diners Club and Amex.
Do I need a credit card to book my room?
A credit or debit card number will need to be provided to complete your booking with Pacific Hotel Cairns.
Do I need a credit card to check-in?
A credit card can be provided at check-in to pre-authorise your room for any incidentals throughout your stay. If you do not have a credit card, the first night's accommodation will need to be paid or a cash bond provided.
Where can I get a map of Cairns?
- View our tourist map made especially for our guests: Cairns Tourism Map.
- This map should act as a loose guide to important Cairns locations and must-see attractions! Please ask our friendly Pacific Partners at the front desk for help with directions or to show you more places on the map to visit.