Pacific Hotels Care Policy
Pacific Hotel Cairns have implemented Covid-19 specific measures since March 2019.
High standards of cleanliness have always been essential at Pacific Hotel Cairns:
- Our rooms and public areas are cleaned with commercial grade cleaning chemicals.
- The frequency and intensity of cleaning high touch points have increased, including all public area surfaces, door handles, room keys, staff and guest entrances.
- Sanitisers are available at central points throughout the hotel.
- Social distancing markers and signage are present throughout the hotel.
- Alongside our Standard Operating Procedures for commercial cleaning in our kitchen, we have increased sanitation of public and food storage areas with high touch rates.
Our terrific team have been trained and kept up to date throughout Covid-19:
- Any staff member feeling unwell or presenting symptoms must notify their manager and leave work.
- The Group Human Resources Manager is informed of all absentees.
- Staff temperatures are tested before the start of each shift.
- All staff are advised to maintain a safe distance from other staff and guests where possible and have been encouraged to download the COVIDSafe App.
We hope our guests can relax and unwind during their stay. Please remember:
- If you start to feel unwell or present symptoms during your stay, please phone the front desk and we will arrange a doctor’s appointment. Please follow the advice provided by medical professionals.
- Please follow WHO Guidelines for Hand Hygiene and contact reception if you need a top up of essential bathroom amenities.
- Guests will be asked if they have recently travelled to a declared Covid-19 hotspot and if they have completed mandatory quarantine before being checked-in.
- Funded by the Australian government, visit beyondblue.org.au/covid to access a dedicated Covid-19 Mental Wellbeing Support Service or phone 1800 512 348.
- Showing our community support, we are working with the Queensland government to provide rooms for isolation stays.
- These floors are restricted and not accessible to other guests staying with us.
- Please contact our General Manager if you need to arrange isolation accommodation.
Please rest assured that we are and have been monitoring Covid-19 extremely carefully, following advice issued by the World Health Organisation and the Australian Government. This Policy is updated as needed and has been in place since March 2020.
Our thoughts are with all those around the world affected big or small by Covid-19 and we sincerely hope your stay provides a moment of respite. We also thank you for supporting our Australian business and understanding as we adapt our procedures.